I am currently looking for anyone who would like to be a guest blogger on Crafting With Training Wheels. Please contact me via E-mail which can be found on my "Contact" page if you are interested. Thank you!

Friday, July 15, 2011

Entry Way Make Over- Cork Board

I know that I have a million few unfinished projects out there that I need to finish and share with you but I did start on another one last weekend with this piece I showed you last week:


It is nearly finished and will be part of my entry way/dining room makeover. We use a side door off of our drive way to come in and out of the house and it is currently the dumping ground for everything. I'm pulling together some items to dress it up and make it more functional. Here is a quick fun project that I really enjoyed.



I took a frame that I got at Good Will months back and spray painted it with one of my new dining room colors Ivy Leaf from Krylon. I had some cork squares from another project and they were the PERFECT width for the frame. I did have to trim one down to make it fit but all in all, they worked great.

To make the tacks, I used the method that is all over blogland and mod podged some scrap book paper to the back of some vase decor gems I had on hand. (These gems were tinted different colors so I used corresponding scrap paper to make them especially vibrant.) Then I hot glued some thumb tacks to the back of them. This is going to look great on my mini gallery wall in then entry way.

I'm hoping to actually be able to do a reveal of part of this area sometime next week!



No comments:

Post a Comment