I am currently looking for anyone who would like to be a guest blogger on Crafting With Training Wheels. Please contact me via E-mail which can be found on my "Contact" page if you are interested. Thank you!

Friday, July 8, 2011

Lamp Makeover in Progress

Last night I was in the mood to paint something but my spray paint muscles were sore. Yes you read that right. The attachment I use on my spray cans broke and I was forced to do it the old fashioned way and it made my arm sore. SO, I got out my handy foam brush and went at it.

I know that the before picture is not pretty but you get the idea. Boring black lamp that sat on a black table. I decided it needed some color. I painted it with Rapids from Valspar. It is a nice Aqua color. I'm hoping it goes nicely with my old door turned coffee table once that is finished. I left the top of the lamp base black incase I ever want to change it back or to another color and I didn't feel like taping it off. The next step will be to slightly destress the lamps and decide what I want to do with the boring lamp shades.

I have so many projects in mind for the weekend that I don't even know where to start! Most likely it will be giving this little fellow a makeover:


Have a great weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment