I am currently looking for anyone who would like to be a guest blogger on Crafting With Training Wheels. Please contact me via E-mail which can be found on my "Contact" page if you are interested. Thank you!

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Major. Craft. Fail. & Thanks for hanging in there

I just realized that it has been almost a month since I posted last. Man has it been busy. I have been sewing and crafting things for a new local store that is opening and requested some of my baby items (more on that some other time). Also, I have been in a bit of a craft funk. I try to do things on the cheap or wait until funds are available to do things and that is becoming fewer and farther between as with summer comes fun activities, and those cost money.

Renting a house was what worked for us when we moved here since we weren't/aren't ready to buy but let me tell you it has been difficult. Our house is old and made up of plaster walls which equals a decorating disaster. It is almost impossible to hang anything of substance on them. Last night I rearranged our bedroom and was attempting to create something like this:


Via Pinterest
I used a much smaller and lighter curtain rod to hang the curtain, not even thinking that it wouldn't hold in the plaster. After measuring and marking everything, I went to hang the first hook and this is what happened:



It is a little hard to read but in short, I was left with three screw holes and a hot glue mark. Yes, I was that desparate that I tried to HOT GLUE the hook to the wall. It worked for the most part and then gave way. 

I left it alone for now hoping that tonight I will come up with something that will make it work. If anyone knows how to hang things from plaster, PLEASE help so that I don't go insane end up with multiple holes in my walls.

I don't even have a clue as to how I'm going to hang this beast:




No comments:

Post a Comment