Basically I just cut some strips from an old shrunken t-shirt, set my sewing machine on the highest tension level and longest stitch possible and ruffled my strips. I scrunched (yes, scrunched. This is a very technical term for those of you who are not aware) the strips down by holding on to the bottom "tail" thread to create an extra ruffled look. I placed and pinned them on my shirt and sewed them on, following my ruffle lines as best I could. I intended on adding some flowers but I liked how the ruffles turned out.
Although I did need to enjoy and extra large Diet Coke this morning, the insomnia was worth it.
More home decor updates to come soon!
*This post was brought to you by the letter 'I' for insomnia*