I am currently looking for anyone who would like to be a guest blogger on Crafting With Training Wheels. Please contact me via E-mail which can be found on my "Contact" page if you are interested. Thank you!

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Easy Paper Banner

Today's post is short, sweet and simple. So simple, I don't even have process pictures for you! In preparation for the craft show I will be attending on April 9th and 10th, I wanted to make a banner for my booth. I grabbed my trusty Silhouette and got to work. As with most Silhouette crafts, this can also be done using a scissors or craft knife.

I chose the pennant shape from the Silhouette library and moved it to the size I wanted. I then used the Copy function so that I would have two pennants the same size. I then grabbed my DCWV scrap book paper that I got for a steal at JoAnn's this weekend. There is something about a fresh scrap book page that makes me just want to stare at it and not cut it. Its so clean and pretty in the book!

I chose the colors I wanted and went to work cutting out pennats, one for each letter in my business' name. I then chose a font and cut the letters for the words "Life's Expressions" out of a black patterned piece of scrap paper. Once I had them all cut out, I used Elmers No-Wringle Rubber Cement to adhere the letters to the pennants.



I love this stuff! It gives a nice clean finish since it dries clear and is super easy to use.

Once I had all the letters on and dried, I grabbed a 1/2 gross grain ribbon that I got from Wal-Mart for $.97 and used my glue gun to keep the pennats in place on the ribbon. 



Here's how it looks completed. (Pardon the glarey picture in the background) This will go up in my craft space once I have my desk in place (a whole separate post in itself!)



Here is a close up of  one of the pennants. This was such an easy and fun project, keep your eyes out for more of these to appear in my house!

Yours In Craft,
Kristen

I'm Linking this post Here:
A Little Knick Knack

Chic on a Shoestring Decorating



Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party!

3 comments:

  1. I love your banner, and how your going to use it in your craft space neat idea, I'd love it if you'd share this on my link party, www.mysimplehomelife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jacqueline! I linked up and am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way cute, K! I love your creativity.

    ReplyDelete