I am currently looking for anyone who would like to be a guest blogger on Crafting With Training Wheels. Please contact me via E-mail which can be found on my "Contact" page if you are interested. Thank you!

Monday, March 14, 2011

Introducing Me!

Hello fellow crafters! I very excited to introduce myself to you! My name is Kristen and I am a working wife and mother. I have a fabulous husband and adorable 6 month old son. We recently moved back to our home town in Wisconsin and are currently renting a quaint 1840's house. This house was the inspiration to start this blog. I have been a loyal craft blog reader and novice crafter for some time now. What I realized from reading most of the craft blogs was that a number of the crafts and decorating projects weren't aplicable to me since I rent my home and cannot make major structural and cosmetic changes to the house. Thus, Crafting With Training Wheels was born.


An explaination on the name... I am by no means an expert crafter. I am self taught and am a try, fail and adjust learner. I will make mistakes and most likely completely screw up a number of the crafts I do until I get them right and I plan on sharing that with all of you.


What I love about crafting... I feel like crafting allows you to express your creative side in a functional way. For me, it has allowed me to bring a part of myself to my home and those I share it with. Have you ever been in a store and found a great home decor item but it wasn't exactly perfect? Maybe it was the wrong color or size. Why not make it yourself? That is the attitude that I have come to adopt when crafting.


What you will see on my blog... When viewing my blog you can plan to see crafts inspired by other crafters, my own ideas, things people have asked me to make for them and a number of furniture restorations. Eventually I will add guest bloggers, contests and features. My overall goal is to inspire people not to let anything get in the way of their ideal home.


Thanks for joining me and stay tuned for crafts!




Kristen


*my site is currently under construction so please excuse its primitive state*

1 comment: