I am currently looking for anyone who would like to be a guest blogger on Crafting With Training Wheels. Please contact me via E-mail which can be found on my "Contact" page if you are interested. Thank you!

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Zippered Pouch from Make It and Love It

In the next few days I will be adding some pictures of small home decor projects that I have done previous to the launch of my blog but today I wanted to explore one that was inspired by a FABULOUS blog: Make It and Love It! She made these amazing zippered pouches that she personalized with her Silhouette machine. I am still learning the ins and outs of my Silhouette so I decided to make a similar version. I followed the steps in her tutorial which can be found here. This is the first time I've ever sewn a zipper so I was pretty excited about it. It didn't come out flawless but it doesn't look bad and I learned some things!




Here is the pouch front after I finished sewing. As you can see by the crease, I should have done a better job ironing my fabric first. (I forgot to upload the picture of the pink fabric on the inside but I'll add that later.)

The zipper isn't perfect. I left too much of the outer edge out and the ends weren't tucked in all the way. I was happy with it for the first time trying.

I decided to add a little flower at the corner made from the pink fabric I used on the inside.



In the end I was pretty happy with my first attempt at a zipper. Since it isn't perfect and I have fabric to do another one, I will probably use this as a make-up case for traveling.

Please be sure to jump over to Ashley's blog: Make It and Love It and check out all of the other cool projects she has. This lady is a pro with a sewing machine!

Happy Crafting!
-Kristen






No comments:

Post a Comment